- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 or 4 green peppers
- 1 or 2 yellow peppers
- 1 or 2 red peppers
- 1 or 2 orange peppers
- 2 yellow squash
- 3 or 4 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon dry chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dry chopped garlic
- 1 cup Marinara sauce (see below)
- 1/2 teaspoon savory
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery seeds or celery salt
- Slice/cut up all peppers, squash, zucchini.
- In a large pot put 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sliced vegetables, add seasoning as well as Marinara sauce.
- Put on medium-low heat cover it with lid with a little opening to let steam out, cook for 45 minutes. Cook till vegetables are tender.
Beside home made Marinara sauce I will also use Trader Joe's Organic Spaghetti sauce.
Recipe for homemade Marinara sauce
5 to 6 large tomatoes diced or 1 - 16oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 - 6oz can tomatoe paste
3 cups diced fresh basil 5 to 6 garlic cloves, diced
Sea salt and pepper to taste.
1. Mix all ingredients together in blender until smooth. Store in container. Enjoy!