- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut.
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons of grated fresh ginger minced
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2 cups of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 lbs. of kale stemmed and cut into strips
- 2 cups of unsweetened coconut
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded and cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons of arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice plus extra for seasoning
- 2 scallions, sliced thin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan, add the squash and stir cook stirring occasionally until lightly browned 5 - 7 minutes set aside in a bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil back to your large pan, medium heat add onions and 2 teaspoons of salt and cook until softened for about 5 minutes. Stir in curry paste, garlic, and ginger and cook about 30 seconds. Stir in the water and coconut and bring to a simmer, cook until the coconut is softened about 5 minutes.
- Using a blender process the coconut mixture until it's finely ground up for about 2 minutes you might have to do this a couple of times. Strain the mixture through a cheese cloth squeezing as much as the liquid you can, discard the pulp. Take out 1/2 cup and set aside.
- Bring the remaining coconut broth to a simmer over medium heat stirring in the kale a handful at a time, cook until it's just beginning to wilt about 5 minutes. Stir in squash and juices that was set aside, cover, reduce heat to the medium low stirring occasionally, until the kale is wilted for about 15 minutes
- Stirring in the bell pepper cover and cook till done about 10 minutes.
- With the reserved coconut broth and arrowroot flour stir in vegtables and cook until the sauce thickens slightly for about 2 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and scallions and season with salt and pepper. If you want use extra lime to juice to taste.