1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
1/4 cup Xylitol
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconutoil
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
zest of 1 lemon (I use a Meyer lemon)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
4 1/2 teaspoons of Egg Replacer (I use Ener-G) + 6 tablespoons of warm water
For the Glaze:
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon coconut butter
1 tablespoon Xylitol
1 tablespoon almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F, grease loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together wet ingredients coconut oil, xylitol, lemon juice, lemon zest and almond milk.
- In a small bowl whisk together 4 1/2 teaspoons of egg replacement plus 6 tablespoons of warm water. Add to bowl of wet ingredients and whisk together. Add to dry ingredients whisk until combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the middle is set and top edges start to turn brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- For the glaze combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Using the micowave heat the coconut oil and coconut butter just enough to soften, whisk everything together.
- Set aside the glaze to let cool, you want it to thicken a little bit.
- When loaf is cooled, drizzle the glaze over the top of the loaf and let it set.