3 tablespoons of ground golden flaxseed +6 tablespoons of water (or 3 eggs)
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 tablespoons Xylitol
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
shredded coconut sprinkled on top
tart cherries, chopped sprinkled on top
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl whisk ground flaxseed and water, set aside for 5 minutes until mixture gels like an egg.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients coconut flour, salt, baking soda and Xylitol.
- In another bowl combine wet ingredients coconut oil, and vanilla extract whisk until combined. Add in flaxseed mixture and combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Grease mini muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin liners. Pour mixture in pan. Leave plain or place shredded coconut or tart cherries on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes, when using flaxseed you may need to bake longer. Insert toothpick in center when it comes out clean it is done.