- 4 lbs trimmed beef brisket
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 4 dried bay leaves
- 3 medium cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2cloves of garlic, chopped
- 7 oz can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 4 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1 large tomato (preferable heirloom tomato if in season)
- 2 avocados, ½ inch diced
Put all the ingredients for the brisket in a crock pot along with enough water to cover the brisket entirely. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Transfer the meat to a cutting board and shred with two forks. Put shredded meat into a medium bowl, add ½ cup of the left over broth and ¼ cup of chipotle dressing and mix until meat is moist.
In a blender, add olive oil, lime juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, 2 tsp salt. Blend until mixed well. Drain the canned chipotles, pouring all of the adobo sauce into the blender. ½ a chipotle for mild, 1 whole chipotle for medium, 2 for hot. Blend until smooth.
Toss all ingredients for the salad. Add beef to the top and add additional chipotle dressing.