*You may make the Bone broth from scratch, or purchase Prepared Organic Bone broth from your market to save time.
For the bone broth
- 1 whole Organic chicken, cut in in pieces
- 2 TBS. Avocado oil
- 1 white onion, small dice
- 2 ribs celery rough chop
- 2 carrots, rough chop
- 1 turnip, rough chop
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBS. apple cider vinegar
- 12 c. of purified water
- 3 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- Cracked black pepper to taste
Ingredients for Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- 8 cups Organic chicken bone broth (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups shredded Chicken
- 2 Tbs. avocado oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- ¾ c. cauliflower florets, broken into small bite sized pieces
- ¾ c. green beans, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 c. purple potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced in half moon shapes
- 1 large shallot, small dice
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1` tsp fresh rosemary, minced (or ½ tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Thyme leaves
- 2 Tbs. Fresh parsley, Chopped
- 1 tsp. Salt and ½ tsp pepper (or to taste)
- Optional: Garnish with Lemon Slices, and a variety of your favorite fresh herbs; chives, parsley, thyme, basil.
In a large stock pan heat, avocado oil on medium heat. Add chicken pieces to pan and braise for 5 minutes on each side.
Slowly and carefully add the water to the pan.
Add onion, garlic, carrots, celery, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Let the chicken broth simmer with lid on for 1 hour.
Remove Chicken from pot with tongs, place in a covered container in fridge and let cool, until you can shred it without burning yourself (about 30 minutes).
Remove skin from chicken and discard.
Shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces, store shredded chicken in fridge.
Place the Chicken bones back into the pot or into an instant pot or crockpot and simmer over low heat for 8 hours. Add water to keep bones well covered as the water evaporates.
Remove from the heat, strain broth through a sieve and discard bones and onions/ garlic.
Place broth in fridge, let cool completely.
Remove the cold broth from the refrigerator. Skim the solidified fat that has risen to the top of the both with a slotted spoon and discard.
Heat, Sip, Enjoy!
To Prepare the Soup:
Heat the oil in a large stock pot for 30 seconds. Add shallot, garlic, carrot, celery, sauté for 2 minutes. Add cauliflower, green beans, purple potatoes, and zucchini. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add Chicken broth. Add shredded chicken. Add herbs, bring soup to a simmer, let simmer for 25 minutes.
Stays fresh for 5 days, or freeze in portions and thaw as needed.
Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon and fresh herbs such as parsley, chives, & or basil.