Buffalo Chicken Meatballs & Vegan Ranch Dressing
· 1 lb. ground organic chicken
· 2 sprigs of green onion, finely chopped
· 1 celery stalk, trimmed and finely diced
· 1 tbsp. almond flour
· 1 tbsp. soy free Veganaise
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· 1 tsp. garlic powder
· 1 tsp. pink sea salt
· 1 tsp. ground black pepper
· 1 cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce OR try Recipe below (not the buffalo sauce, as it contains ingredients you are avoiding)
Preheat the oven to 400. Grease a sheet pan with coconut oil or avocado oil.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, minus the buffalo sauce. Mix well.
Use your hands to form 2″ balls. The mixture will be sticky. If desired, set out a small amount of almond flour to dust your palms with. I personally just pushed through it and made a mess all over my hands!
Place meatballs on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until center has reached 160º.
Remove meatballs from the oven. Place in a skillet or pot over medium low heat. Coat with buffalo sauce. Continue to cook just until sauce is warmed.
Or use this buffalo sauce recipe:
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
· 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce (not the buffalo sauce, as it contains ingredients you are avoiding)
· 2 1/2 tbsp. ghee
· 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
· 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add all ingredients to saucepan. Once ghee is melted, whisk to combine.
Transfer unused sauce to a glass jar with lid and store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
EASY VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
· 1 ½ cup soy-free Veganaise
· 1/4 cup unsweetened plain coconut milk original flavor (I recommend Coyo brand)
· 1.5 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· 3 cloves garlic crushed
· 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
· 1 tsp. dried dill
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/4 tsp. paprika
· 1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
If mixture is too thick for your preference, add a little more milk.
Store in a jar in the fridge. The flavors will really come through after about 4 hours, but it’s still delicious before then.
This will store for at least a week (as long as the milk and mayo you use does not expire before then.)