Malaysian Shrimp Coconut Curry
A delicious Malaysian-style curry dish without the soy!
If you don’t like shrimp, swap it out for a mild white fish like wild-caught cod.
You can find the Coconut secret brand curry at Whole Foods next to the coconut amnio’s or order online for a great deal! https://coconutsecret.com
- 12 fresh large wild-caught shrimp (peeled)
- 2 cups of organic Sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large of organic carrot (chopped)
- 1 organic onion (chopped)
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Secret Turmeric Ginger Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2-liter broth (veggie or chicken)
Wash shrimp, pat dry and marinate in 1 Tbsp Ginger-Turmeric Sauce- put in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
Sauté chopped onion in a skillet with the Coconut Oil
Add chopped veggies, cover with 1/2-liter broth and cook for about 10 min or until soft
Pour out most of the broth (reserve to add back to pot) until only the bottom of the pot is covered.
Add 1 Tbsp Ginger-Turmeric Sauce and stir until diluted.
Add shrimp and cook each side for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat and gently stir in the coconut cream.
Fold in baby spinach right before serving.
Add the broth back in to make a nice soup. Tastes great served over organic cauliflower rice.