Acorn Squash Breakfast Pudding
• 4 Acorn Squash, Sliced in half
• 1 TBS. Avocado oil
• 2 TBS. ghee or coconut oil
• 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
• ½ cup Original flavor Better Half cream by Califia Farms OR Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
• 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice (I recommend Spice Hunter brand) or cinnamon
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Rub about 1 tablespoon of avocado oil on top of the squash.
Sprinkle with a bit of Himalayan pink salt. Place face down on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, Let cool until squash is cool enough to handle. Scoop out seeds, and discard.
Scoop acorn squash out of its shell and transfer it to a large bowl. Add Ghee, better half.
Cinnamon and salt to taste. Mash well with a potato masher until smooth, or blend with electric mixer until smooth. You may adjust the amount of almond milk inside to your preferred consistency.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with pecans or walnuts and crumbled Applegate apple chicken breakfast sausage or turkey bacon right on top of pudding. Great make ahead dish for the busy week- just heat and eat in the morning.