Slow Cooker Leg of Lamb
• 3 1/2 lbs. leg of lamb, preferably bone out
• 1/4 cup Avocado oil
• 1/2 cup lemon juice
• 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 teaspoon high quality sea salt
• 1 teaspoon nutmeg
• 2 teaspoons dried Italian Seasonings blend (I like Spice Hunter brand)
1. Using the crock pot’s ceramic dish, mix together oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and nutmeg.
2. Immerse leg of lamb into the mixture and cook on high for 6- 8 hours until falling apart.
3. Remove meat to serving platter and pull apart with forks until you have chunky shreds of meat.
Acorn Squash Breakfast Pudding
• 4 Acorn Squash, Sliced in half
• 1 TBS. Avocado oil
• 2 TBS. ghee or coconut oil
• 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
• ½ cup Original flavor Better Half cream by Califia Farms OR Unsweetened coconut or almond milk
• 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice (I recommend Spice Hunter brand) or cinnamon
Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Rub about 1 tablespoon of avocado oil on top of the squash.
Sprinkle with a bit of Himalayan pink salt. Place face down on baking sheet for 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, Let cool until squash is cool enough to handle. Scoop out seeds, and discard.
Scoop acorn squash out of its shell and transfer it to a large bowl. Add Ghee, better half.
Cinnamon and salt to taste. Mash well with a potato masher until smooth, or blend with electric mixer until smooth. You may adjust the amount of almond milk inside to your preferred consistency.
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm with pecans or walnuts and crumbled Applegate apple chicken breakfast sausage or turkey bacon right on top of pudding. Great make ahead dish for the busy week- just heat and eat in the morning.
Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Applegate Italian Chicken sausage
- 14 ounce jar Organic pizza sauce ( eg, Eden brand Organic pizza sauce)
- 1 1/2 cups Follow your heart Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ green pepper diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons sliced olives
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh basil optional
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes optional
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut each zucchini in half horizontally, then scoop out the seeds. If they don’t lie flat, trim a thin strip from the bottom. Place them on a baking sheet or in a 9×13 casserole dish. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, 4-6 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks. Stir in pizza sauce and heat for 1-2 minutes longer.
Add sausage mixture to each zucchini boat, then top with cheese, mushrooms, green pepper, red onion and olives.
Place into oven and bake until the zucchini is tender, and the cheese has melted, about 12-18 minutes.
Serve immediately, garnished with basil and red pepper flakes, if desired.
Malaysian Shrimp Coconut Curry
A delicious Malaysian-style curry dish without the soy!
If you don’t like shrimp, swap it out for a mild white fish like wild-caught cod.
You can find the Coconut secret brand curry at Whole Foods next to the coconut amnio’s or order online for a great deal! https://coconutsecret.com
- 12 fresh large wild-caught shrimp (peeled)
- 2 cups of organic Sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 large of organic carrot (chopped)
- 1 organic onion (chopped)
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 1/2 can coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Secret Turmeric Ginger Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2-liter broth (veggie or chicken)
Wash shrimp, pat dry and marinate in 1 Tbsp Ginger-Turmeric Sauce- put in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
Sauté chopped onion in a skillet with the Coconut Oil
Add chopped veggies, cover with 1/2-liter broth and cook for about 10 min or until soft
Pour out most of the broth (reserve to add back to pot) until only the bottom of the pot is covered.
Add 1 Tbsp Ginger-Turmeric Sauce and stir until diluted.
Add shrimp and cook each side for about 2 minutes. Reduce heat and gently stir in the coconut cream.
Fold in baby spinach right before serving.
Add the broth back in to make a nice soup. Tastes great served over organic cauliflower rice.
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs & Vegan Ranch Dressing
· 1 lb. ground organic chicken
· 2 sprigs of green onion, finely chopped
· 1 celery stalk, trimmed and finely diced
· 1 tbsp. almond flour
· 1 tbsp. soy free Veganaise
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· 1 tsp. garlic powder
· 1 tsp. pink sea salt
· 1 tsp. ground black pepper
· 1 cup of Frank’s RedHot Sauce OR try Recipe below (not the buffalo sauce, as it contains ingredients you are avoiding)
Preheat the oven to 400. Grease a sheet pan with coconut oil or avocado oil.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, minus the buffalo sauce. Mix well.
Use your hands to form 2″ balls. The mixture will be sticky. If desired, set out a small amount of almond flour to dust your palms with. I personally just pushed through it and made a mess all over my hands!
Place meatballs on a sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until center has reached 160º.
Remove meatballs from the oven. Place in a skillet or pot over medium low heat. Coat with buffalo sauce. Continue to cook just until sauce is warmed.
Or use this buffalo sauce recipe:
Homemade Buffalo Sauce
· 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce (not the buffalo sauce, as it contains ingredients you are avoiding)
· 2 1/2 tbsp. ghee
· 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
· 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
· 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
Place a small saucepan over medium heat.
Add all ingredients to saucepan. Once ghee is melted, whisk to combine.
Transfer unused sauce to a glass jar with lid and store in the fridge up to 2 weeks.
EASY VEGAN RANCH DRESSING
· 1 ½ cup soy-free Veganaise
· 1/4 cup unsweetened plain coconut milk original flavor (I recommend Coyo brand)
· 1.5 tsp. apple cider vinegar
· 3 cloves garlic crushed
· 1/2 tbsp. dried parsley
· 1 tsp. dried dill
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/4 tsp. paprika
· 1/4 tsp. pepper
Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
If mixture is too thick for your preference, add a little more milk.
Store in a jar in the fridge. The flavors will really come through after about 4 hours, but it’s still delicious before then.
This will store for at least a week (as long as the milk and mayo you use does not expire before then.)
I hope you enjoy this healthy twist on a classic favorite. This Cauliflower “Potato” Salad is a great make-ahead dish. Top with a couple slices of crumbled organic turkey bacon for an easy lunch. You can also boost your plant-based protein by topping with a couple tablespoons of hemp hearts for vegetarians.
Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
· 4 cups cauliflower florets (about 2 small heads)
· 3 tbsp. fresh lemon Juice
· 2 tbsp. cold pressed olive oil
· ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
· ¼ cup diced white onions
· 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
· ½ cup diced celery (2 stalks)
· 2 tbsp. chives or green onions sliced thin
· Optional: whole black olives
Creamy “ Mayo” sauce (if you need a time saver, you can substitute this homemade mayo with 1 cup of soy-free vegainaise- but this dressing is amazing and so worth the effort)
· ½ cup cashews, soaked in filtered water for 2 hours (strain soaking liquid before adding to the recipe)
· 1 medium zucchini, peeled and rough chop
· 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
· 2 tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar
· 2 tsp. spicy stone ground mustard
· 1-2 tbsp. fresh or dried dill
· 1 tsp. turmeric
· 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
· 1 tsp. onion powder
· ¾ tsp. smoked paprika
· ½ tsp. black pepper
· ½ cup filtered water (as needed to blend)
In a large bowl/container with a lid, whisk together all the ingredients for the cauliflower marinade. Add the cauliflower florets and toss well. Put the lid on the bowl and allow to marinate over night. This process will make the cauliflower light and bright in flavor. For a quick method, you can steam the cauliflower for about 10 minutes and then toss with marinade and cool in fridge for 1 hour before proceeding to the next step.
Next, make the homemade Mayo sauce. Place all ingredients, except for the water, in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the water to adjust to a creamy salad dressing consistency. Place in the fridge to chill.
Next, assemble the salad. Place the marinated cauliflower in a colander to strain the excess liquid out.
Place the cauliflower in a large bowl, then toss in the Add-in ingredients.
Add Mayo sauce and toss well so everything is coated.
Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour prior to serving.