- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced (you want to yield about 1 ½ Cups mashed)
- 1 Tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt plus an extra pinch
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Optional add 1 minced garlic or 2 Tbs. chopped Kalamata olives, or switch up the herbs; add chive, basil, whatever you like best!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Steam the sweet potato in a steamer basket in a pot on the stove top until tender, about 10 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Combine the flaxseeds and water in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes or until the mixture becomes gel-like then mix well.
- In a large bowl, mash the cooked sweet potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well to form a ‘dough’.
- Transfer the ‘dough’ to a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet and flatten with another piece of parchment and a rolling pin to a ½ inch thickness. Prick the surface of the dough with a fork, spacing out fork pricks throughout the entire surface of the dough.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the flatbread is golden brown and the edges turn golden brown. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut into rectangle pieces and serve. Brush with olive oil, minced garlic, and a pinch of salt for extra yumminess!